This show plays each Wednesday at 5pm, Saturday at 11:30am, Monday at 2pm
\Recipes for CJAI Website Tea & Serendipity January 2009
For all the recipes click the BLUE spot below that says [read more>]
Here is the preferred method for using natural dyes:
1. Place the eggs in a single layer in a pan. Add water until the eggs are covered.
2. Add approximately one teaspoon of vinegar.
3. Add the natural dye. Use more dye material for more eggs or for a more intense color.
4. Bring water to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. If you are pleased with the color, remove the eggs from the liquid.
7. If you want more intensely colored eggs, temporarily remove the eggs from the liquid. Strain the dye through a coffee filter (unless you want speckled eggs). Cover the eggs with the filtered dye and let them remain in the refrigerator overnight.
- Small Quantity of Purple Grape Juice
- Violet Blossoms plus 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Violet Blossoms
- Small Quantity of Red Onions Skins (boiled)
- Canned Blueberries
- Red Cabbage Leaves (boiled)
- Grape Juice
- Spinach Leaves (boiled)
- Liquid Chlorophyll
- Yellow Delicious Apple Peels (boiled)
- Orange or Lemon Peels (boiled)
- Carrot Tops (boiled)
- Celery Seed (boiled)
- Ground Cumin (boiled)
- Ground Turmeric (boiled)
- Strong Coffee
- Instant Coffee
- Black Walnut Shells (boiled)
- Yellow Onion Skins (boiled)
- Cranberries or Juice
- Red Grape Juice
- Juice from Pickled Beets
- Lots of Red Onions Skins (boiled)
“Emergency Chocolate Cake”
You will need:
1 large coffee mug (microwaveable, which almost all mugs are nowadays)
4 tbsp flour)
2 tbsp sugar) If method 1, mix together in a small ziplock bag
2 tbsp cocoa)
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
small dash of vanilla
(optional) 3 tbsp choc.chips or some nuts
Method 1: put dry ingred’s into a ziplock bag, put in mug and gift it to someone who needs to have an emergency cake mix, with instructions (below) on how to mix and what to mix in (wet ingred’s)
Method 2: put all ingred’s into mug, mix THOROUGHLY (scrape spoon around bottom edges of mug, to [...]